Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud
Yoshi commits tax fraud refers to a running gag online, about the fictional Nintendo video game character, Yoshi from the Super Mario games evading paying his taxes.
The joke has already been around on social media for a while; however, it was popularized by SilvaGunner in 2018.
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
An early occurrence of the joke comes from May, 2016, when a Tumblr argument ensued about the imperfections of Yoshi.
When a user was making efforts at proving the innocence of Yoshi, user druddigton commented “Yoshi committed tax fraud”, later supporting his argument by adding a photoshopped image of Yoshi, saying he committed tax fraud.
Spread and Usage
“Yoshi commits tax fraud” became a running joke over the years, appearing in all sorts of contexts, from Twitter to Tumblr to YouTube and Reddit.
Starting in 2018, the joke would start to be referenced by the soundclown tracks of SilvaGunner, further spreading the popularity of “Yoshi commits tax fraud”.
- Thegamer.com – Super Mario: 10 Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud Memes That Are Too Funny
- Fandom – SilvaGunner Wiki
- Daily Dot – Why the internet thinks Yoshi, Nintendo’s good dino, committed tax fraud