Thick Thighs Save Lives
Thick thighs save lives, also known as the acronym TTSL refers to a popular catchphrase praising women with a buxom figure.
The phrase has grown more and more popular as people started to give more appreciation to those with a thicker build.
Online, it sometimes appears in an expanded form; “Thick thighs save lives, but thigh highs are my demise”.
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
The expression originates from a health blog’s article, published on December 19th, 2011, under the title “Thick Thighs Save Lives: Why Bigger Thighs Are Healthier (Seriously!)”.
It first appeared on Urban Dictionary in an entry about the acronym TTSL, uploaded on September 23rd, 2014.
Spread and Usage
“Thick thighs save lives” started appearing in different contexts online in 2016, on sites such as Tumblr and Reddit, especially on the r/animemes sub.
At the same time, YouTube videos would also start emerging, with various people talking about accepting one’s body, thick (or slim) as it may be.
- Studyfinds.org – Thick thighs save lives? People with larger thighs have lower risk of heart disease, high blood pressure
- Urban Dictionary – Thick Thighs Save Lives