None Pizza Left Beef
None pizza left beef refers to a unique pizza composition, comprised of nothing but dough and beef on the left side of the dish.
This marked the beginning of a series of special pizza request posts online, where users ask restaurants to prepare strange pizzas or cut them up in unconventional ways.
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
“None pizza left beef” first appeared on the internet on October 19th, 2007, in an article by the humorous blog page, The Sneeze, titled The Great Pizza Orientation Test.
One of the screenshots and photos featured in the article present readers with an order that asks for no topping on the pizza, beside beef on the left side.
Spread and Usage
The phenomenon became a sensation and many would try ordering “none pizza left beef”, enraging chefs all across the globe.
In the following years, posts of unconventional orders and their realizations would appear on the internet, on sites like Reddit, BuzzFeed and Tumblr.
- Gizmodo – Reflections on the 10th Anniversary of None Pizza With Left Beef
- New York Intelligencer – ‘None Pizza With Left Beef,’ 10 Years Later