Let’s get this bread
“Let’s get this bread” is a slang way of saying “let’s get this moneeey”, similarly to the phrase “let’s get this dough”.
On the internet, people say this sarcastically, to mock those with the intent of earning a large amount of cash.
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
It has most probably been in use in the English language for a while, but the first modern day appearance of it happened in 2007, when Rich Boy published the song “Let’s Get This Paper”.
The first Urban Dictionary entry was added in 2018.
Spread and Usage
The phrase had started to spread only in 2017, when memes like DJ Khaled riding the Batpod were being uploaded to Twitter, as well as a massive wave of people posing as mascots.
- PopBuzz – The ‘Let’s Get This Bread’ meme has taken over Twitter but what does it mean?
- Urban Dictionary – Let’s get this bread