Catch These Hands
Catch these hands is a slang expression used to incentivize other to start a fight with us.
The expression eludes to the fact that once we take a swing with our fists, our foe will catch it with his face.
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
“Catch these hands” is mostly attributed to Braun Strowman of WWE, who eagerly used the expression as his catchphrase in the wrestling show.
During the 2000’s, when WWE was peaking in its popularity, the phrase would be used on schoolyards, streets as well as households, between fraternal fights.
Spread and Usage
Following 2010, the popularity of the phrase grew even bigger, especially after the first Urban Dictionary entry on “catch these hands”, which appeared in 2014.
It would appear in various image macro memes on sites like Reddit, iFunny as well as 9GAG and Facebook.
- Grammarhow.com – “Catch these hands”: Meaning & Origin
- Hy-Lo News – 11 Phrases and Terms From Miami That Means you can “Catch These Hands”