Sugoi Dekai refers to a Japanese expression, translating to “Great” or “So Big” in English.
It is seen on the shirt of the protagonist of the manga Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!
- #1 Slang: Can I Get a Hoya?
- #2 Slang: 228922
- #3 Slang: Queen of Spades Tattoo
- #4 Slang: If You Know You Know
- #5 Slang: Negative Ghost Rider
See the 🔝 most used slang terms these days.
“Sugoi Dekai” was first seen following the publication of the Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! manga, by Niconico in December 2017.
An anime version of the manga was released in July 2020.
The shirt with the catchphrase is seen on many occasions in both mediums.
Spread and Usage
Shortly after the anime’s release, fanart of the T-shirt as well as of Uzaki surfaced on sites like Twitter, DeviantArt and Reddit.
By August 2020, Twitter was flooded with the variations of Uzaki and her shirt drawn in the style of cartoons and animations like Family Guy or Big Mouth.
- Quora.com – What does “Uzaki-chan, Sugoi Dekai!” mean in English?
- Fandom – Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Wiki
- Onlinedayz.com – Uzaki Chan Wants to Hang Out!